- Data for this price tool was compiled from the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service National Monthly Bison Reports
- Animals under the age of 30 months are classified as young
- Animals over the age of 30 months are classified as aged
- Number of Head Slaughtered - the solid lines represent count of each bison slaughtered for that month.
- Bison Carcass Price - the solid lines represent average values, and the dotted lines represent maximum and minimum values.
- Bison Carcass Weight - the solid lines represent average cold carcass hanging weight for the month.
- All bison numbers used in this tool are voluntarily reported by Federally and non-Federally inspected slaughterhouses to the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service on a monthly basis and are made publicly available here:
SDSU Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer in accordance with the nondiscrimination policies of South Dakota State University, the South Dakota Board of Regents and the United States Department of Agriculture. Learn more at extension.sdstate.edu or click on the button below:
Economics Tool Link